Our office is working closely with State and County officials to ensure our schools and our community are properly informed with information and resources regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We will share resources and information on this page.
June 1, 2020: ADE | Roadmap for Reopening Schools
March 30, 2020: Governor Ducey and Superintendent Hoffman have announced an extension of school closures through the end of the 2019-2020 School Year.
- LATEST UPDATES from the Arizona Department of Health Services
- LATEST UPDATES from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Arizona Department of Education: Guidance to Schools on COVID-19
- #AZtogether: Resources, Information, and more
- Pima County Health Department Updates: Website | Twitter | Facebook
- ADE: Special Education Guidance for COVID-19
- Arizona Child Care Resource & Referral
- USDA Meals for Kids Site Finder
- Arizona Daily Star: List of places to find FREE MEALS for children during school closures
- First Things First: Parenting in the time of coronavirus and social distancing
- NAMI: Ending The Silence - Student Resource for Mental Health
- 4 Tips for Your Families Trying PBIS at Home
- CDC: Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
- Help & Hope for Youth: Mental Health during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Promotions for internet service
- Stress: That Discomfort Your Feeing is Grief | Harvard Business Review
- Text, Talk, Set to Go: A virtual transition for juniors and seniors
- This is Tucson: Running List of Resources for Pima County Families impacted by school closures
- This is Tucson: Your guide to social distancing in Tucson: How to stay home, stay sane and support local businesses
- What should I do if I have Tooth or Mouth Pain during COVID-19?
- Article: Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic
- Pima County Works: Unemployment Resources/Information
- "Wash Your Hands" Printable Posters
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Arizona Public Media: At Home Learning
- Pima County Public Library | Download & Stream
- List of FREE education resources
- Fox Theatre for Families at Home
How You Can Help:
- Be patient and kind to each other during this challenging and unprecedented situation.
- Social Distancing
- Contact your school and district to see how you can help.
- Volunteer/Donate to local organizations like the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Support local businesses: Shop online, order takeout, purchase gift cards
- The Coronavirus Explained & What You Should Do
- How To Name A Disease (Like COVID-19)
- Surgeon General PSA - Mental Health