Desert Landscapes Art Competition
In partnership with The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, we are calling all students in Pima County grades Kindergarten through 6th to explore the landscapes, mountain ranges, plants, and animals of the beautiful Sonoran Desert. Any medium will be accepted. Submission deadline is Friday, March 6, 2020!
Contest Rules/Guidelines for Teachers and Students:
- The contest is open to all Pima County students in kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Submissions must be original art - any medium - 8.5” X 11”.
- Please paperclip a double sided gallery tag and signed release (see below) to your entry.
- Please use the official gallery tag template which can be found below or sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The original art AND a color copy must be dropped off, mailed or sent by district courier to The Pima County School Superintendent’s Office, 200 N. Stone Ave, Tucson AZ 85701. The deadline is 5:00 pm on March 6, 2020. Please call Andrew Bevington at 520-724-8213 with questions on submitting artwork.
- Finalists and honorable mentions will be determined by a panel of three (3) judges selected by the Pima County School Superintendent's Office. Selected artwork will be displayed at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum from April 8 – May 15, 2020.
- An art show to celebrate the students will take place on April 3, 2020 from 5:00-6:30 PM. at the Pima County School Superintendent's Office. The student artwork (up to 150 pieces) will be on display in the office.
- Submissions will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
1. Interpretation and the clarity of the theme
2. Creativity and originality of the depicted theme
3. Skill and technique
4. Overall impression of the art
Questions? Contact the Pima County School Superintendent's Office at 520-724-8451 or email@example.com