Bond and Override Elections
This page is here to provide you with information about school district bond and override elections.
2020 Bond and Override Elections:
- June 26: Deadline for school district to call for an election. School district notifies Pima County School Superintendent's Office (PCSSO) of intent to seek a bond and/or override approval in the November 3, 2020 election.
- July 6: School district delivers the signed resolution calling for the election to PCSSO.
- July 15: School district submits Voter Informational Pamphlet content to PCSSO.
- August 5: Deadline for school district to post notices of election and provide affidavit of posting to PCSSO.
- August 7: Deadline for area residents and district governing boards to submit signed PRO/CON arguments to PCSSO.
The governing board of a school district may, and upon petition of fifteen per cent of the school electors as shown by the poll list at the last preceding annual school election shall, call an election for the purposes prescribed by A.R.S. § 15-491.
For further information on bonds and bond elections, refer to A.R.S. Title 35, Chapter 3, Article 3.
If the proposed budget of a school district exceeds the aggregate budget limit for the budget year, the governing board shall order an override election to be held not less than ninety days from the date of the order for the purpose of presenting the proposed budget to the qualified electors of the school district who shall by a majority of those voting either affirm or reject the budget. In addition, the governing board shall prepare an alternate budget which does not include an increase in the budget of more than the amount permitted as provided in A.R.S. .§ 15-905.
For further information on override elections, refer to A.R.S. Title 15, Chapter 4, Article 4.