Wednesday, May 31 2017 to Thursday, June 1 2017
Empathy & Beyond! A Healthy & Safe Schools Summer Institute
Calling all Teachers, Counselors, Administrators and Nurses to unite…Our students need you!
How do we help students discover personal success and contribute to the betterment of society? Understanding and developing empathy is a start! This two day professional development immersion will help you create, balance, and sustain an empathic mindset in our schools. Choose from over 20 breakout sessions that will help impact your classroom!
More details & itinerary to follow! Stay tuned!
Early Bird Deal: $99 valid until March 31, 2017 | Regular Cost: $125 after March 31, 2017
Location: Sheraton Tucson Hotel & Suites
Date & Time: May 31 & June 1, 2017 | 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Text, Talk, Revive Civility and Respect
- Fostering Conversation on Mental Health and Well Being
- Is your School Trauma Sensitive?
- Creating a Community of Acceptance
- Empathy for those Abusing Substances
- Emotional Intelligence: What is it? Why is it important?
This summer institute is put on by SHIP, which is a partnership between the Office of the Pima County School Superintendent and the Pima County Health Department.