Congratulations to Christopher O’Connor for winning this year’s Pima County Spelling Bee and to Michael Chen for coming in as the runner-up. O’Connor, from St. Cyril of Alexander, and Chen, from Copper Creek Elementary will both compete in the state competition on March 23 in Phoenix. David Rumph of Mesquite Elementary came in third and is the alternate for the state competition.
FY2012 Annual Financial Reports
Pursuant to A.R.S. 15-904(C), the FY2012 Annual Financial Reports for the following school districts can be found at: http://www.ade.az.gov/schoolfinance/Forms/LEAQuery/SubmittedFiles.aspx
- Pima Accommodation District No. 00
- Empire Elementary School District No. 37
- Redington Elementary School District No. 44
- San Fernando Elementary School District No. 35
SAREC (Southern Arizona Regional Education Center) will host Common Core workshops for administrators and teachers throughout Cochise, Pima and Santa Cruz counties.
Common Core Level I Workshops (Introduction to the 2010 Arizona Common Core Standards)
A variety of sessions will be offered focusing on building awareness and knowledge of the new 2010 Arizona Common Core Standards. Participants will:
- Examine and understand the new standards and crosswalks;
- Unwrap the new standards and identify important ideas;
- Consider implications for implementation of the new standards;
- Dig deeper into the content of the new standards.
Workshop fee includes snacks / lunch (when applicable,) print and electronic materials, parking, and accompanying book. All sessions are taught by ADE qualified facilitators and space is limited. Participants must attend all sessions to receive professional development credit.