2022 Bonds and Overrides
2022 Bond and Override Elections:
The following districts have provided notice to seek approval by their voters on the following questions:
Catalina Foothills No. 16 (VOTER INFORMATION PAMPHLET)
- Prop 488 - $38.5M Bond
- Prop 489 - District Additional Assistance
- Prop 490 - Override Continuation
Marana Unified No. 6 (VOTER INFORMATION PAMPHLET)
- Prop 491 - $90M Bond
Sahuarita Unified No. 30 (VOTER INFORMATION PAMPHLET)
- Prop 492 - District Additional Assistance
- Prop 493 - Override Continuation
Tanque Verde Unified No. 13 (VOTER INFORMATION PAMPHLET)
- Prop 494 - Override Continuation
Public Notice - Request for Arguments
Marana Unified No. 6
Sahuarita Unified No. 30
Tanque Verde Unified No. 13
- June 23: Deadline for school district to call for an election. School district notifies Pima County School Superintendent's Office (PCSSO) of intent to seek a bond and/or override approval in the November 8, 2022 election.
- July 5: School district delivers the signed resolution calling for the election to PCSSO.
- July 21: School district submits Voter Informational Pamphlet content to PCSSO.
- August 10: Deadline for school district to post notices of election and provide affidavit of posting to PCSSO.
- August 12: Deadline for area residents and district governing boards to submit signed PRO/CON arguments to PCSSO.
Arguments For/Against School District Special Election(s)
The deadline to submit a statement of argument for/against a special election is Friday, August 12, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Arguments cannot exceed two hundred words.
A recent change in Arizona statute § 15-481, now requires the following:
- Statements submitted by an organization must have the signature of two executive officers.
- Statements submitted by a political committee must have the signature of either the chairman or treasurer of the committee.
- Statements submitted by an individual must have the signature of the individual and must be notarized.
Forms for each entity will be made available for download here:
The Pima County School Superintendent is required to review all arguments for factual accuracy and make any corrections to the statement. The Superintendent will not review and correct portions of the arguments that are identified as the author’s opinion.
To submit a physical paper statement, please download the correct PDF fillable form, print it and sign it and hand deliver or mail it to the following address. Individual statements MUST be notarized or they will not be accepted.
Pima County School Superintendent
200 N. Stone Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Statutes Specific to Override Elections
A.R.S. § 15-481
Statutes Specific to Bond Elections
A.R.S. § 15-491
A.R.S. § 35-454