Healthy & Safe Schools
Pima County School Superintendent’s Office (PCSSO) serves to “Promote Educational Excellence Through Leadership, Service, and Collaboration”. Each program strives to achieve the mission of the PCSSO. Healthy & Safe School is one of the eight educational service agency (ESA) programs housed at the PCSSO and is an initiative designed to assist learning communities in creating, maintaining, and growing safe and supportive school cultures.
If you've ever wanted a conference that was designed especially for YOU? Congratulations, you've just found it!
2023 Healthy & Safe Schools Summer Institute
Wednesday, May 31 | 8:30am - 4:30pm
The Venue at The Sheraton
5151 E. Grant Rd., Tucson, AZ 85712
Join us to hear these engaging speakers along with many others as they show you how to reignite your passion, celebrate the incredible person you are, and discover how to enjoy and live your best life!
Keynote Speaker: Timothy D. Kanold, PhD
Timothy Kanold, Phd, is an award-winning educator that conducts inspirational professional development seminars worldwide. He is the co-author of "Educator Wellness: A guide for Sustaining Physical, Mental, Emotional and Social Well-being".
Featured Speaker: Star Hansen, Certified Professional Organizer (CPO©) and Clutter Whisperer
Star Hansen has appeared on over 30 TV shows, a Tedx talk, Oprah, and is the author of "Why the F*#@ Am I Still Not Organized?" She looks at the deeper meaning of your stuff to help you figure out WHY you feel overwhelmed.
Featured Speaker: Dr. Kathryn Kennedy founder and executive Director of Wellness for Educators
Dr. Kathryn Kennedy is passionate about supporting educators worldwide. She is the author of "The Mind-body Connection for Educators" that focuses on more holistic, healthy, and wellness-centered approaches to living, being, and serving others.
...and much, much, more!
CLICK HERE to register today!
The Healthy & Safe Schools program provides professional training, coaching, support, and resources, along with the facilitation of live and virtual webinars/conferences/institutes focused on targeted training and education that serves to improve professional knowledge, competence, and effectiveness of educational stakeholders. These workshop presentations are designed and facilitated by the director and/or contracted certified trainers. Trainings, coaching, support, and resources are regularly evaluated to remain current and relevant on the needs of our school communities.
The Healthy & Safe Schools program’s intention is to contribute to a learning community’s positive climate by providing consultation services, staff training, mentoring, assessment & program auditing, problem-solving, action planning, and resource identification & evaluation.
Partnerships & Resources
The Healthy & Safe Schools program connects learning communities to agencies, programs, training, other educational professionals, and resources found locally within the Tucson Metro area and Pima County, that serve to meet the needs of their students.
The Healthy & Safe Schools program and our well-established and sustained relationships with highly revered organizations and their trainers, effectively collaborate to train, coach, support, and provide informational resources to learning communities to make a greater impact on our schools and society.
Pima County Health Department
- School Community Health & Safety
- COVID 19 School Resources
- Communicable Disease & Vaccination
- Oral Health & Nutrition
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- School Mental Health
- Substance Use
- School Professional Resource Library
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
- Other Resources
PCHD Trainings & Presentations
- Mental Health First Aid (Youth/Adult)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness “Ending the Silence”
- Narcan Training
- QPR Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention
- Rise of Fentanyl
- Strengthening Families Program
- Stress Management
- Bystander Training for Opioid Overdose Prevention (online)
- Navigating the Emotional Impacts of COVID 19
- Navigating the Emotional Impacts of COVID 19 School Staff Edition
Tessa Brock Consulting:
- Works with educators to create a community where both staff and students flourish and thrive. Facilitates breakthroughs and shifts, enabling audiences to enhance their self-awareness, develop effective communication, and learn powerful interpersonal skills.
Tu Nidito: No Child Grieves Alone
- Tu Nidito is a Safe Place where children, teens, young adults, and families find comfort, hope and support while they are grieving the diagnosis of serious medical condition or the death of loved one.
Arizona Department of Education:
- School Safety & Social Wellness: Supporting the Emotional, Mental and Physical Health and Safety of Arizona Students.
- Southern Arizona School Safety Consortium: The regional consortiums are sponsored by The Trust and meet quarterly to provide presentations on emergency preparedness topics of interest and lessons learned.
Arizona Positive Behavior Supports & Interventions (AZPBIS)
- PBIS is a decision-making framework that guides selection, integration, and implementation of the best evident-based academic and behavioral practices for improving important academic and behavior outcomes for all students.
Southern Arizona Trauma Informed Network (SATIN)
- The Southern Arizona Trauma Informed Network is a consortium whose goal is to create a trauma informed community and to promote resiliency.
Power Over Predators
- Alert adults and kids to the critical dangers of in-person ad online abuse, equipping and empowering them with skills to prepare, intervene, and protect them from victimization.
Alternative Education Council
- A network of alternative education educators (Public school districts and charter schools, private schools, Accommodation Districts) to share best practices and explore innovative teaching and learning strategies.
Pima Cycle Breaker – “We Are Destined to Repeat What We Don’t Repair”
The Pima County School Superintendent’s Cycle Breaker Program (CBP) is committed to assisting adolescent and young adults in becoming successful, lifelong contributing members of Pima County and society. Pima Cycle Breaker, in conjunction with a multitude of quality community partners and organizations, provides pathways to an educational diploma, GED, or certification, in addition to a variety of support services, and employment training and placement opportunities. Assistance in securing housing, transportation, food, clothing, and tuition, as well as other necessities is also available to our clients.
Contact Director Monica Wright for more information.
- Power Over Predators: Empowering Youth to Protect their Future
- Childhelp Hotline
- ICSAVE: Community Training That Saves Lives
- Mindful Moments with Tessa Brock
- Help and Hope for YOUth
- Grandpa Steve's Kids: A New Approach to Self-Confidence, Social-Emotional Learning, and Self-Esteem for Youth
- NAMI Southern Arizona
- Southern Arzona AIDS Foundation
- Youth on Their Own
Reach out. Let’s talk. Our vision is to provide support that is specific to the needs of your staff.
Director Monica Wright - 520.724.8037 - email@example.com