Vision: To provide services, resources, and professional development around meaningful implementation of proactive resilience initiatives in the schools that include but are not limited to the following: social-emotional learning (SEL), staff wellness, restorative practices, trauma-responsive practices, the integration of proactive initiatives using the PRISM© framework, and the integration of initiatives into school climate and culture and classroom content. Creating foundationally safe learning spaces where students and staff feel seen and heard paves the way for enhanced levels of resilience, belonging, and connection which ultimately leads to higher academic achievement and greater teacher retention.
Celebrate Resilience Summit 2023 - October 27-28, Tucson, AZ
This conference is designed to CELEBRATE the resilience of our educators and educational communities across the state of Arizona. CLICK HERE to register and learn more!
The Celebrate Resilience Summit is part of our newest program: Resilient Schools. CLICK HERE for the complete Learning Opportunities Menu!
Dr. Leslie Anway, Director of Resilient Schools
The Resilient Schools Schools program provides professional training, coaching, support, and resources, along with the facilitation of live and virtual webinars/conferences/institutes focused on targeted training and education that serves to improve professional knowledge, competence, and effectiveness of educational stakeholders. These workshop presentations are designed and facilitated by the director and/or contracted certified trainers. Trainings, coaching, support, and resources are regularly evaluated to remain current and relevant on the needs of our school communities.
The Resilient Schools program’s intention is to contribute to a learning community’s positive climate by providing consultation services, staff training, mentoring, assessment & program auditing, problem-solving, action planning, and resource identification & evaluation.
Partnerships & Resources
The Resilient Schools program connects learning communities to agencies, programs, training, other educational professionals, and resources found locally within the Tucson Metro area and Pima County, that serve to meet the needs of their students.
The Resilient Schools program and our well-established and sustained relationships with highly revered organizations and their trainers, effectively collaborate to train, coach, support, and provide informational resources to learning communities to make a greater impact on our schools and society.
Pima County Health Department
- School Community Health & Safety
- Communicable Disease & Vaccination
- Oral Health & Nutrition
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- School Mental Health
- Substance Use
- School Professional Resource Library
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
- Other Resources
PCHD Trainings & Presentations
- Mental Health First Aid (Youth/Adult)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness “Ending the Silence”
- Narcan Training
- QPR Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention
- Rise of Fentanyl
- Strengthening Families Program
- Stress Management
- Bystander Training for Opioid Overdose Prevention (online)
Tu Nidito: No Child Grieves Alone
- Tu Nidito is a Safe Place where children, teens, young adults, and families find comfort, hope and support while they are grieving the diagnosis of serious medical condition or the death of loved one.
Arizona Department of Education:
- School Safety & Social Wellness: Supporting the Emotional, Mental and Physical Health and Safety of Arizona Students.
- Southern Arizona School Safety Consortium: The regional consortiums are sponsored by The Trust and meet quarterly to provide presentations on emergency preparedness topics of interest and lessons learned.
Southern Arizona Trauma Informed Network (SATIN)
- The Southern Arizona Trauma Informed Network is a consortium whose goal is to create a trauma informed community and to promote resiliency.
Power Over Predators
- Alert adults and kids to the critical dangers of in-person ad online abuse, equipping and empowering them with skills to prepare, intervene, and protect them from victimization.
Alternative Education Council
- A network of alternative education educators (Public school districts and charter schools, private schools, Accommodation Districts) to share best practices and explore innovative teaching and learning strategies.
- Neurosequential Network
- National Comprehensive Care Network/Department of Education
Fred Acosta Job Corps Center
Children’s Advocacy Center of Southern Arizona
Miss Jai Smith (she/her & he/him)
CEO & Senior Consultant, Toadhenge Consulting, LLC.
- Schools in Transition Resource
- For more information and to subscribe to his/her newsletter, use this link: Ask Miss Jai
The Peace Pad - For anyone who is passionate about peace and justice education and wants to make a positive impact in their learning environments and communities.
- Cities4Peace – workshops and online courses for 'seek peace within' and Sky breathwork-meditation.
- PeaceEd Gateway - innovative web platform and collective of partners that will ultimately transform and connect learning environments and educators worldwide; mainstreaming peace education in schools!
Higher Ground - Educators, Families, Youth, Leaders, And Neighbors Coming Together To Support Community Development And Innovative Learning (includes Restart SMART Community School Initiative)
Pima Cycle Breaker – “We Are Destined to Repeat What We Don’t Repair”
The Pima Cycle Breaker Program empowers lifelong success among youth and young adults by offering educational pathways, skills-based training, apprenticeships, jobs placements and needs-driven wraparound services (including housing, transportation, food and tuition).
Contact Director Monica Verrett for more information.
- Power Over Predators: Empowering Youth to Protect their Future
- Childhelp Hotline
- ICSAVE: Community Training That Saves Lives
- Help and Hope for YOUth
- Grandpa Steve's Kids: A New Approach to Self-Confidence, Social-Emotional Learning, and Self-Esteem for Youth
- NAMI Southern Arizona
- Southern Arzona AIDS Foundation
- Youth on Their Own
Reach out. Let’s talk. Our vision is to provide support that is specific to the needs of your staff.
Director Dr. Leslie Anway - 520.724.8393 - email@example.com